The Daily 750









. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .
Extra Double Blue Cross

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

“Hello, this is Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon. You had a question about your coverage?”

“Yes. I received your letter advising that there will be a ONE THOUSAND PERCENT INCREASE in prescription co-payments for up to a 34-day supply, and wonder if that also applies to the 90-day mail-order prescriptions.”

“Yes, it does. But only for non-preferred brand medications.”

“Who decides what is preferred”

“I can transfer you to our formulary. We don’t claim that the non-preferred brands work better.”

“Or at all.”

“Right.”

“Can you give me the number for the administrative offices?”

“They don’t take phone calls.”

“Oh, I’m sure they do.”

“I can give you the Customer Service number.”

Okay. For a phone number, I’ll take what I can get. For a medication, I’ll get a waiver from the insurance company and take WHAT THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBES.

Let me just write this again: ONE THOUSAND PERCENT. That’s the increase for “non-preferred” brands, of which there are a lot. Where the hell is the media on this? Where are the unions? ONE THOUSAND PERCENT, fer cryin’ out loud.